Tuesday, October 28, 2008

California Fun

For my birthday Jason Bought me tickets to go to Sacramento, CA to visit one of my good friends from college. I flew out the same weekend as the hunt. I landed in Cali on Thursday the 16 and went to Leah's house. Her husband was busy running errands and attending to meetings thus Leah and I were given some girl time. First things first I had her cut my hair. (She cut my hair almost the whole time I lived in Cedar). Then we bought lots of candy and rented Highschool Musical 1 and 2. Mike was less than pleased when he got home and realized what we would be watching. He sucked it up and watched both movies with us. On Friday Mike had to work and Leah and I spent the day in Old Sac. We ventured through the train museum where they let us walk through some of the trains. It was pretty sweet. I brought Jason back a train wistle that sounds like a real train. We did some shopping and layed on the grass by the river. That night we went out to eat at Joe's Crab Shack which is right on the river. Saturday morning we drove to San Francisco. We wandered through China Town, visited the fisherman's Warf (where I had the pleasure of seeing the backside of two naked men, ventured through Pier 39 and saw numerous Sea Lions basking in the sun, walked part way across the Golden Gate Bridge, and visited the houses that are shown and the beginning of, "Full House." Sunday we went to church, and drove down along the river. Then I flew home. Over all it was a great trip. Thanks hunny for the tickets.

3 comments:

The Barclay's said...

what a fun trip.. and what a sweet husband that's an awesome gift!!

Valerie S said...

Oh, it sounds like you had such a good time. I'd like to explore that area of California, I've never been. Leah showed you a good time! What a great friend.

Rappleye Family said...

What a fun vacation!!!